Wednesday 3 November 2010

Vintage Quilted Patchwork Door Curtain

Well the Winter winds are blowing in over the Chiltern Hills and I thought considering the fact that Betty Zee Towers is really drafty during the Winter months I should make a little patchwork quilted curtain to hang from the kitchen to the living room to keep in the warm and keep old drafty Dave out!

(opps not the best pictures I will remedy that in the next couple of days but really want you to see this and see why I haven't posted for a couple of days...)

I already had some lovely vintage patchwork very old quilted panels which were just crying out to be used! They were a bit damaged but still usable for the right project..... they just needed to be put together...





So I jus placed them in lines....






Then I thought well I need it to keep out the drafts so I'd better make a backing for it.









and thought that they could be just dandy with a couple of the doillies that I have loads of and wanting to put them to good use.....



I thought I would love to use some tiny little doillies to go on the 3 ginham squares on the front..



Tadddd ahhhh...! the front ... (remember better pictures to come!)...






the back....


Guess what I used to keep it up, I couldn't think of anything until I mentioned it to Dylan.... and low and behold his suggestion was..... shower curtain rail!! Now Dylan comes up with some fantastic ideas Thanks dilly!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karen, what a great way to keep out the winter draughts! I am always on the look out for ways to minimise draughts creeping in through my kitchen patio doors and this could be quite effective.How about making some patchwork draught excluders, you know, the sausage dog style ones for under door draughts? jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie, now you have me thinking! Woof ..sausage dog to come!!

    ReplyDelete