Saturday 19 February 2011

Vintage Doll's Pram circa 1930s-40s

Well on one of my little charity shop adventures I came across this little doll's pram. Apparently it was brought in by a woman who said it had been in the loft since she was a child and she is nearly 80!! She lives in the house she was born in! I couldn't believe the condition of it! The wheels and suspension were working perfectly! the leather strap which provides the suspension itself is in perfect condition better probably than my little 'Katy' car!! It took me straight back to my childhood with my dolls and little dolls pram...HAPPY DAYS! I happened to notice one exactly the same in a book by Pamela Peake which is going to be my book of the week!!! See in a few days!! ps have a little look at this interesting to see that i found in one of my books of the week a little picture of a dolls prame almost exactly the same as this!!....









5 comments:

  1. How sweet! And sad that it has now ended up in a charity shop! I hope they knew it's value!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Am decluttering my house and have a 40´2 - 50´s?
    dolls pram (in poor condition) - could it be worth anything?
    I live in Mallorca,Spain.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I think that the better condition it is the more you can get for it. I would suggest having a look on auction sites like ebay. The one in my local charity shop went for £150! But with all antiques and collectables they are only worth something to someone who is willing to pay! Good luck and best wishes! Thanks for coming by! Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ther, i have 2 of these vintage dolls prams they are silvercross and are in good condition,they are about 50/60 years old would u
    you be intersted in them,or do you no how to go about selling them best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, nice to hear from you!! I am afraid that I am not buying any but I would suggest an antique shop perhaps? Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete