Monday 8 November 2010

Birthday Card 1st Attempt





Now my friend Jenny has had a bit of a rough time lately so I thought I would make a little card to let her know I was thinking of her during her rough days recently....

Ok then this is my first attempt at using my loads and loads of doilies, lace, crocheted mats to make cards....I also have tons of buttons and card!

Not too bad for a first attempt but there are things I will do differently and also be more aware of! for instance next time perhaps I would using 'pinking' shears instead of a straight edge and perhaps put the wool through the whole of the doilly not just the middle? Onward and upwards as they say!!!

2 comments:

  1. These cards are a lovely idea - it is really novel, great colours, cute pink button. It's so nice to receive something more than just a traditional paper card which feels more like a gift plus it's something I could put on show past any birthday or occasion. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, there is something satisfying about using a sewing machine on paper!! always feels substantial! The Christmas line is fully into production!! xxx

    ReplyDelete