Monday 14 March 2011

Lou Shabner Retro Print

I recently sold my Tina Lynch print (see link below) and have sold another one of these fantastic mass marketed prints... this is Lou Shabner. Very little is known about him at all..... I did hear that if you look at some of his prints you will notice that it is the same woman at different stages of her life... I was told by a dealer that in fact it was his wife. I had another of her looking older definitely the same lady but further on in life but still as beautiful. Not the best photo but wanted to get rid of the light reflection sorry). I passed this onto a Tony who also bought my Tina by Lynch (click here)


6 comments:

  1. I actually bought one of these recently, and mine has a sticker on the back proclaiming her name to be 'Melanie'. Love it, I don't know how you could part with it! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya! thanks for the comment and the info interesting her name was Melanie! ... yes I know it was difficult to say goodbye but there are only so many walls for so many pictures... I was happy in the knowledge that she was going to a good home! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Melanie, and I am very interested in a Lou Shabner "Melanie." I have looked and looked with no luck. Does anybody have any ideas??? Thanks!!! Melaniezmail@sbcglobal.net.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour moi je dispose d'un tableau original de Mélanie il est signé Benjamin il a plus de 50 ans je le vends 500 €

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much is the Melanie print worth on todays market ?

    ReplyDelete