Thursday 3 June 2010

Patchwork 1 Sofa Throw






I love my sofa with one of the many patchwork quilts that I have. Luckily it is very hard wearing and sits so well with my little cushions. One of the things that I am passionate about is to finding old unfinished quilts from anywhere from the 30s to the 70s and using my vintage fabrics to finish off them off. It feels kind of a noble thing to do, to finish someones project that for so many reasons didn't get finished. I know that for one of the ones that I completed the lady passed away before she could finish it and I was so happy to finish her work of art and labour of love. I wonder if she is looking down and is happy with my workmanship! ps. Have a look at my Embroidery Envy section for a quick look at the sofa! Splendid my dear!

4 comments:

  1. The patchwork quilts and throws are amazing. Such beautiful colours melded together. How long does it take you to make one from start to finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well depending how much handstitching I do as well as piecing.. it took me nearly a year for one which was from scratch and a few months to finish an existing one! That is all by hand. It wouldn't take half as long if I was working with a sewing machine! But there is something nice about being able to pull out your work on the bus, tube or in the dentists waiting room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the gorgeous colours with the vivid oranges and baby pinks and there are great ideas for baby presents for xmas. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you! I do love them too!! Now I have my new little friend the sewing machine I will be able to make them a lot quicker!! 1 a year is just too long eh!!

    ReplyDelete