Saturday 26 June 2010

Hot Water Bottle Covers




I never thought that a jumper could be so warm! Well they were 3 jumpers until I put it into a very hot wash and made them into felt! It really is as easy as that! Both of these were made out of jumpers/pullovers from different charity shops! Beware though if you decide to give it a go... make sure that the jumper is between 80-100 pure wool.... otherwise it won't work...then I did a little bit of embroidery to make the "Night Night" one. Also best to look for jumpers just when Autumn is creeping up on us as the charity shops change their stock around!! Night Night ...don't let the bed bugs bite!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Night Night cover - very cool and unlike anything I have seen in the shops! How much do they cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, thanks for liking my little covers... they cost between £14 to £20 depending on the design... you can also find me on facebook (vintage betty zee) or betty zee www.facebook.com/betty.zee.5 .... swing by! x

    ReplyDelete