Friday 23 July 2010

Advertising, crafting and those beautiful ladies! 1



Womens's faces and the advertising of patterns for crafting! What do you think! I was looking at my old fashion ephemera including patterns and adverts and I realised just how wonderful the pictures are. Just think our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers all would have seen them and ....now us! The pictures had the model wearing the project from hats, cardigans, jumpers, coats sometimes a whole family would be depicted. The type of craft ranged from knitting to crochet to sewing and dress making

I am not going to put them in any particular date order some might be black and white and others in colour but all are lovely from another era. They were always either drawn or photographed! Hopefully I'll be able to build up a little library!

No comments:

Post a Comment