Thursday 31 March 2011

Denham Car Boot Sale Saturday 26th March 2011

Well since my last bit of blogging about Saturday at the Denham Car Boot Sale I thought I would put some pictures up of the busy morning I had. I had been countless times over the years as a punter and this time for the 6th time as a seller I thought 'well in view of me wanting to move to Leigh on Sea I should have a clear out....! How many beautiful things can I girl have! The trouble is a lot of this stuff has been in storage ... aspirational living... we all do it! Well time to stop.. to down size and keep only what as the famous artist William Morris once said 'only have in your house what is either useful or beautiful' I have spent months going through all my stuff and have kept only the things that I use or that I love... although I must confess I am sure some of what I have sold is both and maybe I will regret it BUT in the meantime on Thursday and Friday night the morning before I pushed and pulled it all into Katy car ready... turning up to get my pitch at 5.30 (the moon was still out...) and off I went.... I had wanted to take pictures of my stall but was so busy that the pictures I have got were taken when a lot had already been sold...in the end I did very well and only had a box or two left which I took to the charity shop!




.... well low and behold Richard from VINTAGE CLOBBER near Bournemouth turned up and was lucky and got to my bags of vintage and retro clothes before anyone else and I hope that he was happy with his haul... so happy that he needed to buy 3 30s/40s bikes to carry it away... no really he did get them... I do love those old bikes so sweet.... oh and next time you are near Bournemouth pop into VINTAGE CLOBBER it is one of my favourite vintage shops.....named as one of the top ten shops by the Sunday Times Fashion Magazine, The Independent and The Telegragh's 50 best boutiques in Britain. I can tell you it is definitely worth a visit!! My lovely sweet little Mouse skirt is from there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment