Sunday 13 March 2011

What are you wearing today Betty Zee? 13th March 2011

So I took a little trip out and about and ended up in Berkhamstead Oxfam was open on a Sunday!! I had a little look around and of all people a volunteer behind the counter said how much he liked my crewel work jacket! Well that made my day I can tell you! Not often a chap will say something and also be so knowledgeable.... it turned out that he used to work in Liberty in the carpeting department and knew all about it.... I am a huge fan of crewelwork and love the colours often used and the fact that most is made by hand.

This jacket is I think a late 50s lady, 70s crocheted yellow top....and little parrot necklace.....





I am very fond of parrots and bought this little sweetie necklace in a charity shop years ago!! How fitting they are to be sitting among the crewel work foliage...!

No comments:

Post a Comment