Monday 31 October 2011

Vintage Fashion Print Textile Retro

What are you wearing today Betty Zee? 30th October 2011

Well some may think that this posting is a tad macabre but I feel that I really want to put the pictures in. I went with my sis Julie to the cemetery to see my ma and pa today. It was such a typical Autumn day. The leaves are turning such wonderful colours. You know it is unbelievable that a cemetery is a place of calm and reflection with wildlife running around which perhaps gives it a sense of being alive. Maybe that mixes with all the happy memories I have of them both..... and although it is always sad I was so glad that I could visit. A friend of mine Mina did her thesis on cemetery art and sculpture very interesting and beautiful!

So today was a 70s heavy crimson wrap, she did her job and kept the draughts out!







1 comment:

  1. your wrap is so bright and seems to be so close to the colour of autumn leaves.
    it's wonderful to see that even the sad place like a cemetery can cheer you up with those bright colours and wildlife and remind of those sweet memories of your dear ones.
    thank you Betty, for your philosophical post,reminding about some truths of life.
    xxxP&C

    ReplyDelete