Wednesday 26 October 2011

Vintage Fashion Print Textile Retro

What are you wearing today Betty Zee? 25th October 2011

Well it is as I said earlier Cowichan time and I am in the middle of putting together a little posting about my cowichan collection...

In the meantime this little number keeping me warm is one of my latest finds! OMG!.... I thought when I was rooting around my local charity shop last weekend.... there she was just waiting to be found..... so I looked at the price OMG! again £6.00 .... I didn't even try it on..... took it up to the counter and the lovely lady said ... ' this will keep you warm dear' I said 'yes I love this cardi' as I said that she said 'oh my dear there seems to be a bit of a grease mark, I am sooo sorry! I will knock a pound off for you' Now she put that straight into the till before I could say 'COWICHANTASTIC!' I spend so much money there I figured they will make that pound up when I come in next!!!

SO here she is all washed and keeping me warm over a 50s dress! Perhaps the pic would have been better if I had had my scarf on as well! But not to worry.... the two ladies were teamed with some vintage jewellery, one of my most favourite late 60s early 70s rings from a little collection I found in a local carboot ( I have them in cream, green, orange, blue!), a yellow 50s necklace and one of my favourite vintage Mexican silver bracelets with abalone! Now don't you ever fly away little butterfly!! x






1 comment:

  1. this dress is so nostalgic and look just like a star, Betty! speaking about your accessories, we are dying of jealosy!lucky you! The ring is soooo beautiful and classy!
    the fabric of the dress looks so unusual, with stripes and diffrent textures and the most amazing print.
    xxxP&C

    ReplyDelete