Saturday 8 January 2011

Vintage Quilt Lavender Bags

A little while ago I acquired a huge amount of these lovely lovely Vintage Durham quilt pieces.





I did mention to you that I had started a quilt (still in progress truth be told, RSI from all the hand sewing has all but halted the project!) But in the meantime, I also wanted to make use of them for other ideas. ... among them...lavender bags. Last Summer I harvested a large amount of lavender from my garden.

It is amazing just how strong they smell! A little bit of ribbon, buttons and some backing material I was up and running......





Liisa was very happy with hers as part of her Christmas present. I think that they are pretty enough to put your lovely underwear drawer or to be honest they are too pretty (no not your underwear!!) to be put away ....what about hanging from a door handle!

Let me know what you think.... I do take commissions chapsters!!!xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment