Wednesday 22 September 2010

Betty Zee's Z



I have always loved the story of Anne Boleyn as she is the mother of my all time favourite person in history, Elizabeth I. I have always been fascinated by her trademark necklace. Well last April I went to a craft fair in Buckinghamshire and came across GEMMEUS HISTORICAL JEWELLERY! She had some examples of her work including a copy of a necklace that Catherine of Aregon (Henry VIII first wife's) wore in some of her portraits. Hmmm I thought I wonder if Nicky (the master craftswoman) could make me an old Austrian medieval 'Z' for my family name. In the same style as Anne Boleyn's trademark 'B"...........Her answer was yes! Well after putting down a deposit and 4 months later I had a message from Nicky to say that it was finished. Here it is! Gold and fresh water pearls. It is an honour to have my late father's name and I will always wear it with pride! Check out GEMMEUS! .............. www.gemmeus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment