Thursday 27 May 2010

South American Dress






Oh my lord this is one of my favourite dresses! I have never seen another like it! It could be that in the United States people would come across these often but in the UK to see South American Columbian folk dresses is unusal (at least in my experience!) This type of naive applique art is to me very interesting as well as beautiful. The quality of the workmanship and superbly placed mural type design is humbbling. It is rural subjects of farming, with animals, with colourful costumes and farm animals as well as birds and rabbits is charming. I smile to myself at the larger than life rabbit... wouldn't it be scary if rabbits got that big!!

I also have a little waist coat. Which I will up load under a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment