Friday 28 May 2010

Fox Hunting Cups


I am not a fan of fox hunting you know! But I like the imagery that is associated with it. During the 30s and the Art deco period there was much production of these images...from textiles to ceramics to painted pictures. These are two recent cups that I bought in one of my local charity shops on one of my patchwork quilts which I recently made. I love the fact that there is two different images on the cups and saucers. I also have an embroidered tray from the middle 1930s, scarves and also a wrap around skirt from the 70s. I'll have to up load them soon so you can see them!

2 comments:

  1. Did you make that quilt?!! It looks amazing!!! I love the colours. And the cups aren't bad either ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya Lissa, made it a little while ago from old scraps from my stash from cars boots! Glad you like it! Long live hexagons!!x

    ReplyDelete