Monday 31 May 2010

Bric-a-brac bonkers on the way to Bournemouth






We took a trip down to the seaside and on the way we stopped at one of our favourite places for charity shops, antiques, bric-a-brac and collectables! On the way to Bournemouth is Boscombe and Pokesdown. Now years ago before 9/11 this was a street FULL of antique and collectable shops as well as charity shops. After the terrible happenings of that day the town seemed to die. Before then American dealers would come to the shops with their colourful sticky spots, go in and place sticky round spots on the items they wanted and then have them put in a crate and shipped back. This they did in all the multitude of shops! Imagine being one of the shop keepers trying to account for all the spots!

I have been going there for nearly 10 years and it was sad to see how few shops there are now. But there are still charity shops which are plentful that have survived as well as the collectables shops! One of our favourite Cobwebs is still there and the odd new one is sprouting up. One so new as not to have a name yet. They seemed to sell very retro (sticking to mainly 60 and 70s) gear!

In my pictures of Cobwebs the owner let me take as many pictures as I wanted and as you can see he sells a whole variety of gear.... and one of the pictures you will see some flying ducks! Well they flew home with me...!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good trip! And I love those ducks! I have the feeling I may need to visit the seaside soon too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shop!

    Love the ducks! Looking forward to seeing where they landed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is fabtastic! There are other ones down on the South Coast there is a great one in Brighton called Snoopers Paradise! Lots of different sellers under one roof! Now I can tell you I have had some great bits and bobs from there!

    ReplyDelete