Friday 28 May 2010

From small things grow big things....


Can you believe it! These are little Oak trees.... yes I bet when you have seen little acorns lying on the ground at the beginning of Autumn that you thought "oh I think I'll bury these in little pots and see if they come up"... (well you might have when you were younger). But I know someone who did, who still thinks he is a little lad! Dylan!

These are the 3rd generation of Oak trees that he has grown! It has always been his favourite tree and is always using Oak in his creative woodworking endeavours (Which I must say are amazing!) Also, I don't think he will live long enough to use the timber from these little things, the humble Oak can live for over 600 years!

I never in my wildest dreams thought that the first one would come up 3 years ago.... but I do now! As they have grown, we have planted the other sapplings around the South East of England.. in special places... knowing that one day when we aren't here anymore that those little sapplings were given a little start by .....Dylan!

No comments:

Post a Comment